vendredi 14 mars 2014

Australia 2 - where the local fauna gets closer...

Well, now you are all well aware of my love of animals, so a little update on the last -too- close encounters:

Sunday night at the camping, on the wooden passerelle to the kitchen, I meet the cute little possum spotted on a tree the day before, we look at each other and then... the little monster jumps on my big toe and tries to bite... fortunately on the nail, getting a little green now, plus de peur que de mal!!!

Monday morning, in a little bay, after quite some time scrutinizing eucalyptus trees, we finally see sa Majeste Koala, stuck on its tree, sleeping the day away. I  could have stayed for hours watching him...

A little later, Monday morning... brown snake leaving the path as we approach... not one I would like to see from closer!! It looked a lot like this.

Conclusion: I have learned a few things about the local fauna!!!

Cecile

Aucun commentaire: